Every year LACCEI members elect the group of dedicated officers to lead the organization. Respectully, we recognize the officers’ efforts, leadership, and commitment to the advancement of LACCEI initiatives. A special recognition goes to our current 2022 Executive Board Members that are completing their terms: Their legacies are reflected in the success of our initiates. To all of them our sincere gratitude.
LACCEI Executive Board of Directors announces it is accepting nominations for candidates to serve as Executive Board Members committed to carrying the mission of LACCEI for the term 2022-2023.
“The mission of LACCEI is to be the leading organization of Latin American and Caribbean engineering institutions that will bring innovations in engineering education and research, and emerge as a major force in this hemisphere to foster partnerships among academia, industry, government and private organizations for the benefit of the society and the nations.”
- All member institutions are invited to submit names for consideration. Join LACCEI today and submit your nomination.
- Individuals can be nominated by their University, by another LACCEI member or self-nominated.
- All nominations must be submitted by June 20, 2022, 5:00 Noon (EDT) to be considered.
- Candidates must be available to attend the General Assembly on July 2022, and the Board of Directors meeting on July 2022, during the 20th LACCEI International Multi-Conference for Engineering, Education and Technology Hybrid Edition.
- Board Member positions are assigned for a one-year or two-year term as indicated.
Claudio Camilo González Clavijo: Biography
President Elect 2023 (1 year term)
Dean of Engineering. Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia. Colombia
Functions of The President:
- Comply with the regulations and statutory provisions to fulfill the mission of LACCEI.
- Lead strategies for the execution of the development plan and the structuring and application of the annual work plan.
- Promote strategic actions that strengthen the initiatives and committees of LACCEI and the impact of the projects on the members of the Consortium.
- Incorporate initiatives to increase the active members of LACCEI.
- Actively monitor the actions of the members of the Executive Board.
- Lead actions to consolidate alliances with other organizations that promote engineering education.
- Contribute to the consolidation of academic events organized by LACCEI and its members.
- Lead the formation of collaborative networks among the members of LACCEI in order to face the challenges of engineering education.
- Lead actions to strengthen the administrative and financial processes of LACCEI.
Proposal for the Presidency of LACCEI:
- Represent LACCEI and lead any representation of the Corporation in any act in which it participates.
- Preside and direct the meetings of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors of LACCEI.
- Call the meetings of the Board of Directors as established in the internal manual.
- Ensure compliance with BYLAWS and the internal manual throughout the organization.
- Sign the official correspondence and the minutes together with the Executive Director.
- Enforce the agreements adopted in the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
- When deemed appropriate, the President may delegate functions to another member of the Board.
- Propose or revise the Strategic Plan and the annual Work Plan for approval by the Board of Directors.
Luis Fernando Martínez Arconada: Biography
Vice President of Finance (2 year term)
Professor. École Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Tarbes. France
Functions of The Vice President of Finance:
- Supervise the fiscal and financial aspects of the Corporation.
- Act, together with the Executive Director, regarding the economic interests of the Corporation and the management of its funds.
- Recommend the budget, balance and statements of accounts that are presented for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations that contribute to the effectiveness of the corporation.
- Carry out other functions of the position in similar organizations and those entrusted by the Board of Directors or the President.
Libis Valdez: Biography
Vice President of Membership (2 year term)
Dean of Engineering. Fundación Universitaria Antonio de Arévalo Colombia. Colombia
Functions of The Vice President of Membership:
- Propose to the Board of Directors and implement, after approval, a plan of activities that contribute to increasing the membership of the Consortium.
- Promote the formation of regional or national Chapters, maintaining communication between them and the Board of Directors
- Carry out other functions entrusted by the Board of Directors or the President.