LACCEI 2023 will be held in in person at Buenos Aires Marriot and virtually through Agora Meetings Platform.
What is The OAS Summit of Engineering for the Americas?
LACCEI was selected by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 2005 to be part of the Engineering for the Americas (EftA) action plan to advance the accreditation and quality assurance of engineering programs in the Americas. As of 2016, the OAS officially established “The OAS Engineering Summit for the Americas” to coincide with the LACCEI International Multiconference and designated our organization as the OAS “Engineering Center of Excellence for the Americas”, an important credential that allows LACCEI to strengthen the quality of education in Engineering, Academic Leadership and Student Competitions.
What is LACCEI?
LACCEI (Latin American and Caribbean Consortium of Engineering Institutions), is a non-profit entity made up of institutions that offer programs in engineering, computing, technology or education and that participate in an academic or investigative manner with other institutions at an international level. Its purpose is promoting global collaboration for the continuous advancement of engineering, technology, education, research, practice and innovation, and connecting Latin America and the Caribbean with the rest of the world. Today we have more than 200 participating institutions from 20 countries in 3 continents and for the last 20 years we have been holding an annual multilingual academic multiconference that accepts scientific articles in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
What is CLADI?
In pursuit of the training of new and better professionals and expanding the search for unification, plurality and exchange of knowledge, the Federal Council of Deans of Engineering (CONFEDI) initiated in 2017 the Latin American Congress of Engineering (CLADI: Congreso Latinoamericano de Ingenieria). CLADI had its first conference in Paraná in 2017 and its second conference in Cartagena de Indias in 2019, which was in conjunction with the ACOFI International Meeting on Engineering Education.
In 2021 – in conjunction with the 5th Argentine Congress of Engineering (CADI) and the 11th Argentine Congress of Engineering Education – the third Latin American Congress of Engineering (CLADI) conference was held in Buenos Aires at the Faculty of Engineering of the UBA, adding as Special Guest the Corporation of Engineering Faculties of Chile (CONDEFI).
In 2023, working within the framework of the LACCEI-CONFEDI inter-institutional Cooperation Agreement and in collaboration with the OAS, the joint development was initiated in a hybrid format of the conferences: “OAS Summit of Engineering for the Americas”, the “21st LACCEI International Multiconference for Engineering, Education and Technology”, the “4th Latin American Congress of Engineering”, and the “2nd Latin American and Caribbean Tribology Conference” . It was held in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and organized by Facultad de Ingeniería de la Universidad de Buenos Aires (FIUBA), Florida Atlantic University (FAU), and Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (UTN).
October 10, 2022 – Call for Paper (CfP) November 17, 2022 – Registration opens
- January 13, 2023 – Early bird registration open
February 5, 2023 – Deadline for full papers and work in progress submissions (Eastern Daylight Time – EDT)
- February 28, 2023 – New Deadline for full papers and work in progress submissions (Eastern Daylight Time – EDT)
- February 28, 2023 (Only Argentine Author) – Deadline for full papers and work in progress submissions (Eastern Daylight Time – EDT)
- March 12, 2023 – Deadline for Tribology Conference papers (Eastern Daylight Time – EDT)
- March 19, 2023 – Deadline for student competition submissions (Eastern Daylight Time – EDT)
- April 3, 2023 – Notification of acceptance
- April 9, 2023 – Notification of acceptance for Tribology Conference
- April 10, 2023 – Early bird registration closes
- April 11, 2023 – After this date: registration at full cost
- May 21, 2023 – Submit final version of the accepted paper
- May 31, 2023 – Only virtual mode: Deadline to submit video
- May 31, 2023 – Deadline to pay all authors
- July 17-18, 2023 – Pre-Conference LACCEI 2023
- July 19-21, 2023 – Multi-Conference LACCEI 2023
Technical tracks (two categories):
ENGINEERING EDUCATION (EE)
- Accreditation, Assessment and Globalization of Engineering
- Dual Degree, Certificate Programs and Degree Equivalency
- Management of Engineering Education
- Enhancing Undergraduate Education and Curriculum Improvement
- Recruitment, Retention, Diversity, Women in Engineering
- Technology for Teaching and Learning, E-learning, Distance Education, and Online Laboratories
ENGINEERING RESEARCH AND ENGINEERING PRACTICE (ER/EP)
- Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Nanotechnology
- Energy, Water and Sustainable Engineering
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Engineering Design, Engineering Materials
- Engineering Infrastructure, Construction Engineering, Logistics and Transportation, and Quality Assurance
- Information Technology, Telecommunications, Software Engineering, IoT, Industry 4.0, Forensic Informatics, Security, Cybersecurity and Computational Tools
- Project Management, Service Engineering, Production Engineering and Product Life Management
- Technology Management, Ethics, Technology and Society