The Consortium’s Mission:
The mission of LACCEI is to facilitate and promote global collaborations in the advancement and continuous improvement of engineering and technology education, practice, research, and innovation linking Latin America and the Caribbean to the rest of the world.
The goals and objectives of LACCEI include the following.
- Faculty and student exchange · New and/or higher level academic programs · Dual/joint degree and certificate programs
- Distance, continuing and e-education · Laboratory development and sharing of resources
- Curriculum development, course equivalency and accreditation support
- Faculty development including higher degrees
- Industry internship, cooperative programs and career development
- Joint training and research programs, and solicitation of funds
- Development, commercialization and transfer of technology
- Dissemination of scholarly achievements and other accomplishments by member institutions