LACCEI Executive Board of Directors announces it is accepting nominations for candidates to serve as Executive Board Members committed to carrying the mission of LACCEI for the term 2022-2023.
“The mission of LACCEI is to be the leading organization of Latin American and Caribbean engineering institutions that will bring innovations in engineering education and research, and emerge as a major force in this hemisphere to foster partnerships among academia, industry, government and private organizations for the benefit of the society and the nations.”
- All member institutions are invited to submit names for consideration. Join LACCEI today and submit your nomination.
- Individuals can be nominated by their University, by another LACCEI member or self-nominated.
- All nominations must be submitted by June 20, 2022, 5:00 Noon (EDT) to be considered.
- Candidates must be available to attend the General Assembly on July 2022, and the Board of Directors meeting on July 2022, during the 20th LACCEI International Multi-Conference for Engineering, Education and Technology Hybrid Edition.
- Board Member positions are assigned for a one-year or two-year term as indicated.
Claudio Camilo González Clavijo: Biography
President Elect 2022 (1 year term)
Dean of Engineering. Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia. Colombia
Functions of The President:
- Represent LACCEI and lead any representation of the Corporation in any act in which it participates.
- Preside and direct the meetings of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors of LACCEI.
- Call the meetings of the Board of Directors as established in the internal manual.
- Ensure compliance with BYLAWS and the internal manual throughout the organization.
- Sign the official correspondence and the minutes together with the Executive Director.
- Enforce the agreements adopted in the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
- When deemed appropriate, the President may delegate functions to another member of the Board.
- Propose or revise the Strategic Plan and the annual Work Plan for approval by the Board of Directors.
Proposal for the Presidency of LACCEI:
- Comply with the regulations and statutory provisions to fulfill the mission of LACCEI.
- Lead strategies for the execution of the development plan and the structuring and application of the annual work plan.
- Promote strategic actions that strengthen the initiatives and committees of LACCEI and the impact of the projects on the members of the Consortium.
- Incorporate initiatives to increase the active members of LACCEI.
- Actively monitor the actions of the members of the Executive Board.
- Lead actions to consolidate alliances with other organizations that promote engineering education.
- Contribute to the consolidation of academic events organized by LACCEI and its members.
- Lead the formation of collaborative networks among the members of LACCEI in order to face the challenges of engineering education.
- Lead actions to strengthen the administrative and financial processes of LACCEI.
Luis Fernando Martínez Arconada: Biography
Vice President of Finance (2 year term)
Professor. École Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Tarbes. France
Functions of The Vice President of Finance:
- Supervise the fiscal and financial aspects of the Corporation.
- Act, together with the Executive Director, regarding the economic interests of the Corporation and the management of its funds.
- Recommend the budget, balance and statements of accounts that are presented for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations that contribute to the effectiveness of the corporation.
- Carry out other functions of the position in similar organizations and those entrusted by the Board of Directors or the President.
Libis Valdez: Biography
Vice President of Membership (2 year term)
Dean of Engineering. Fundación Universitaria Antonio de Arévalo Colombia. Colombia
Functions of The Vice President of Membership:
- Propose to the Board of Directors and implement, after approval, a plan of activities that contribute to increasing the membership of the Consortium.
- Promote the formation of regional or national Chapters, maintaining communication between them and the Board of Directors
Carry out other functions entrusted by the Board of Directors or the President.