LACCEI International Multiconference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development
“Ideas to Overcome and Emerge from the Pandemic Crisis”
December 9 – 10, 2021
LEIRD 2021 was conceived as a physical event to be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico with the option for participants to join virtually. Unfortunately, because of the limitations on mobility due to the pandemic, the conference will be held entirely in virtual format. We urge you to continue presenting your papers and presentations according to the published dates.
This conference accepts unpublished papers, including research and case studies, as well as work in progress presentations, written in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French. Full papers undergo double-blind review, and if accepted and presented, are published with free open access in the proceedings of LACCEI International Multi-conferences. All accepted and presented papers will be published in the proceedings with ISSN and ISBN with DOI and processed for evaluation by Scopus and other indexes. Work in Progress papers will undergo single-blind review and are published in the conference proceedings with ISSN and ISBN.
Unpublished success stories of Business Incubators, Startup Accelerators and Entrepreneurship Support Programs written in English, Spanish, Portuguese or French are welcome. If accepted they will be presented in a special session and published with free open access in the conference proceedings.
Those interested in sharing an entrepreneurship learning experience are invited to submit a paper describing the experience. If accepted the work will be presented at a special pre-conference session.
Presentations to the Student International Entrepreneurship and Innovation Projects Competition undergo a double-blind review. The top 10 finalists compete in a technical presentation before a jury that will select the top four projects to be awarded.
- Early bird Registration will be open – – August 15th
- Deadline for full papers and work in progress submissions – – September 6th
- NEW Deadline for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Student Project Competition submissions – –
October 18th– November 8th
- Notification of acceptance of full papers – – October 30th
- Deadline for Success Stories submissions – – November 15th
- Deadline for Entrepreneurship Experiential Learning Exchange experiences submissions – – November 15th
- Venture formation processes, funding, and strategies
- Incubators, accelerators, and other support programs
- Strategies, policies and management practices in R&D, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Communication strategies and Social Networks in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Innovative technologies, cities, and regions
- Intrapreneurship and business model innovation
- Intellectual property and open innovation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation to overcome economic and financial crisis
- Market and financial impacts of entrepreneurship and innovation
- University-Industry technology transfer and knowledge exchange
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in education
- Design Thinking Driven Innovation
- Sustainable Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Enabling regional initiatives in entrepreneurship and innovation
- International innovation and entrepreneurship
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship
The LACCEI Standing International Committee on Entrepreneurship and Innovation is the organizer of this event with an ample backing from the Board of Directors of the Consortium. This endeavor is purposed to fulfill the aims of the Committee consisting of the development of strategies to promote entrepreneurship and innovation as well as contribute to the creation of opportunities for the exchange of experiences, good practices and research results in the field, between academicians, entrepreneurs, institutional leaders and scientists from different disciplines.
For more information, please click HERE
Benefits for participants
The purpose of the conference is to provide a comfortable, safe, sustainable, and accessible way to gather academic faculty, researchers, policy makers, practitioners in different disciplines and entrepreneurs who are interested in promoting entrepreneurship and innovation around the world and to interact as a large information and research network to foster regional development.
We face this challenge with 20 years of experience organizing international events that combine different types of sessions and post-conference services designed to make the most of the processes of socializing knowledge online and in person.
Connect with a global network
We pride ourselves on the breadth and global diversity of participants in our network. LEIRD participants will be able to add their voice by submitting their articles. During the conference they will be able to receive the opinions of their colleagues from different latitudes.
All participants, being authors or simply participants, will be able to formulate questions and express their own opinions to keynote speakers, panelists and authors of papers in their areas of interest, as well as exchange views with colleagues using the diversity of opportunities and meeting rooms available.
LEIRD multiconference accepts unpublished papers, including research and case studies, as well as work in progress presentations, written in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French. Full papers undergo double-blind review, and if accepted and presented, are published with free open access in the Proceedings of LACCEI International Multi-conferences.
All accepted and presented papers will be published in the Proceedings with ISSN, ISBN and DOI and processed for evaluation by Scopus, Google Scholar, and other indexes. Work in Progress papers will undergo single-blind review and are published in the conference proceedings with ISSN and ISBN.
The best platform for a virtual experience
AGORA Meetings provides the platform that allows LEIRD to offer remote participants an experience similar to that of a face-to-face event. Through graphical immersion using a dynamic and accessible web interface, you have access to social interaction, synchronous communication services.
The level of usability of this platform is exceptional, allowing users to intuitively navigate the virtual spaces like those of a real convention center, select concurrent technical sessions, workshops, combine services by integrating information about sessions, agenda, abstracts, papers, speakers, authors, lists of participants, etc.