During the conference there is a LACCEI Student Paper Competition and a LACCEI Student Poster Competition. An individual student or a student team submits a full paper (10 pages max) or extended abstract (2 page max) after it is checked by at least one professor at their university, designated the Mentor(s). All the authors must be students, and the mentor is listed as a mentor, not an author. All student submissions compete in the poster competition, where student bring a poster in front of which they stand to present a 3 minute elevator-speech to the judges and answer questions from judges and participants. All posters are presented in parallel at the Student Poster exhibition. The award medals and monetary prizes are given at the “Cena de Gala” Awards Dinner. All participants and mentors receive a certificate of participation, and their submission (paper or extended abstract) is published in the Conference Proceedings with ISBN and ISSN number and archived online for future citations.INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PAPER COMPETITION DESCRIPTION
Full papers are entered in both competitions, an extended abstract compete only in the poster competition. The top 10 finalists in the paper competition present a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation to determine the winners.
All the full papers in this competition will be reviewed for the Student competition technical committee composed by: Zaida Jova Aguila Ph.D, Edwin Francisco Forero García M.Ing, Adriana Páez Pino Ing, Ramon Andres Valencia Martinez M.Sc. Ing. and the Ing. Mónica Rueda Pinto.
Awards and Recognition
Every participant of the Student Paper competition will receive a certificate of participation in the LACCEI conference, and the their papers will be published in the LACCEI conference proceedings, which includes ISBN and ISSN. Top 10 finalist papers will have DOI and will be indexed by EBSCO and submitted for Scopus indexing.
The first place will receive the LACCEI Prize medal and a complete registration for the WEEF conference 2017.POSTER COMPETITION DESCRIPTION
There will be a student poster session and competition in the LACCEI conference with the following objectives:
- Motivate students to utilize and demonstrate their creativity and skills knowledge to solve problems
- Promote academic interchange among students from different universities and countries
- Promote technical talent and creativity in engineering students
- Provide an opportunity for research faculty to recruit potential graduate students
Poster competition entry requirements
The poster could be the result of the work of an individual student or a student team
The project needs to be reviewed by their professor or advisor
The work could be based on a final project for a course or a thesis
The work and paper must be original and cannot be results of faculty research
An extended abstract or paper must be submitted and accepted to compete
Instructions for the poster competition
- We recommend a minimum font size of 24 pts. Bold section names. The poster should be clearly readable from a distance of 2 meters
- Language: Spanish or English
- We encourage the use of pictures, graphics and any other illustrative material
- Students who submitted a full paper and were selected as finalists will present in a special session within the conference just prior to the poster competition. The finalists will make a Power Point presentation: 10 minutes maximum.
- All participants at the poster competition will present in front of their poster an “elevator speech” (3 minutes maximum) giving an overview of the problem and results at the poster competition. They will be asked questions by the judges and the audience and can give a demonstration or show a video if appropriate.
- You may want to include the followings: title, authors, affiliations, faculty mentor, abstract, introduction, methods, results, conclusions, and future work.
- The following links are examples of how to make a poster:
- Feasibility and business plan
- Visual presentation, prototype
- Oral expression
- Social impact
Awards and Recognition
Every participant of the poster competition will receive a certificate of participation in the LACCEI conference, and the their papers will be published in the proceedings of conference which includes ISBN and ISSN.
Student Competition Chair:
Dra. Zaida Jova Aguila
Coordenadora de Iniciação Científica
Prof. Cursos de Engenharia UNISAL – campus São José